DD214s are available at the Archives for those entering service from Alabama from 1939 to May 1975.

Call 334-242-4435 to request copies, and please have the following information available:

  • Full name of veteran

  • Date of birth

  • Years of service

  • Branch of service

  • Service number (if possible)

For records after May 1975, contact the National Personnel Records Center: 314-801-0800 or www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records.